I haven’t updated about the house hunting situation lately. Since I came back from the UK we must have viewed a dozen of houses already. Of course, nothing is as straightforward when it comes to making the big decision.
You see, in the past 3 years we have been living in a pretty large house 350m2 with a large garden of 1000m2 to be precise. Now that we are more knowledgeable about what works and what doesn’t, we have decided to downgrade a little. So, we have been looking at properties that are a lot smaller. With a house standing between 180m2 – 250m2 and a garden that is about 800m2 – 900m2.
I think (I’m sure) we’ve finally found a property that we like. A lot smaller and cozier than our current one, with amazing views, a small community area and only 3 minutes drive to the nearest town. It seems to tick all the boxes. I’m excited, but we still need to resolve ONE issue. Such as fencing for our cat.
With 7 feet walls all around our current property, he’s never attempted to escape over them. But, with the property we’re looking at at the moment, the positioning of the house make it a lot tricky to figure out how we can secure it, without surrounding ourselves with unsightly fences!
He’s such a special dude and we want to make sure that he’s safe. After all, there are so many animals being ran over by cars or attacked by other animals around here, that we just don’t want to take the chance!
So now, we’re faced with the predicament of whether to decide to go for this house or whether to keep on looking for ones that are more ‘Hank secure’. My heart is telling me just to go for it and figure out a solution after… but I feel so undecided…and IF something DID happen I’m sure I would blame myself endlessly!